New Models in the Big Apple
New York Boat Show attendees were treated to a virtual immersion in The SLX Experience and met the sophisticated new 290 Sundeck Outboard.
Five spectacular new Sea Ray sport boats made their global premiere at the New York Boat Show (January 6–10), marking an exciting start to 2016. Sea Ray ushered in a new era in luxury sport boating with the debut of four models: the 230 SLX, 250 SLX, 280 SLX and 310 SLX. And Sea Ray’s popular Sundeck line gained a new member with the addition of the 290 Sundeck Outboard. With a head-turning display at the Jacob Javits Center, and a special VIP Event on Thursday evening to preview The SLX Experience — including a Virtual Reality tour unlike any other — Sea Ray pulled out all the stops to celebrate these breakthrough models’ first appearance on the world stage.
“We’re thrilled to introduce four groundbreaking SLX models and give boaters a taste of The SLX Experience, the result of carefully orchestrated excellence,” said Sea Ray President Tim Schiek. “These are truly impressive boats, with a host of cutting-edge features that work in harmony to go above and beyond expectations. And the addition of our new 290 Sundeck Outboard — a seamless marriage of Sea Ray craftsmanship, signature style and premium outboard power — is further evidence of our commitment to next-level boating.”
The following models premiered at the New York Boat Show:
• 230 SLX: Outstanding performance, premium fit and finish, incredible comfort and cutting-edge technology come together in every SLX model, and the 230 is certainly no exception. Captains will appreciate the helm’s Dynamic Display option, an electronics touchscreen that provides connectivity and control of multiple systems in the boat — navigation, stereo, engine, as well as many vessel functions via digital switching technology — wrapped in a custom Sea Ray graphic user interface. Convertible cockpit seating, a sprawling aft sunpad lounge with convertible backrests, a full-beam extended swim platform and high-end upholsteries are among the many standouts in this luxury sport boat.
• 250 SLX: The 250 SLX’s powerful performance comes courtesy of several best-in-class features. MerCruiser’s new 6.2 L V-8 300-hp Bravo II engine comes standard, delivering the speed watersports fans and adventure-seekers crave, and Mercury® SmartCraft Digital Throttle & Shift (DTS), along with an optional Dynamic Display, allows for effortless control. Sea Ray’s proprietary QuietRide™ technology, featuring Tuned Transom®, keeps noise and vibration at bay, even at hair-whipping speeds. Up the ante with the Dynamic Running Surface™ option, which automatically optimizes running attitude and trim for incredible stability and performance no matter the load or sea conditions. Beautifully modern styling rounds out a boat that is not only thrilling to drive, but also thrilling to look at.
• 280 SLX: Superior performance is a hallmark of the 280 SLX. Sea Ray’s precision-manufactured hull provides the superior ride for which the SLX line is famous. The boat is also available with Dynamic Running Surface™, and Sea Ray’s Dynamic Display interface is an exciting option for the helm. The 280 SLX marks a 17 percent increase in cockpit space over its predecessor, the 270 SLX, providing nearly 65 square feet of room to stretch out, relax and socialize with friends and family. New accent lighting options, stylish contrast stitching, and an available Power Tower with an articulating bimini system all contribute to this boat’s remarkability.
• 310 SLX: The articulating Power Tower/bimini system and dual-touchscreen Dynamic Display are both standard features on the 310 SLX. A wetbar with a stainless steel sink and faucet comes standard, and an optional electric grill takes entertaining capabilities up a notch further. Boaters will enjoy easy access to the water with the optional submersible Hydraulic Swim Platform, and can select optional LED lighting or transom-mounted underwater lighting to add a warm glow after sunset. Like the 280 and 350 SLX, the 310 is Yacht Certified; its ample seating includes plush bow loungers with flip-down armrests, a cockpit social area, a dual helm companion seat and an aft-facing lounger that converts to a sunpad. Meanwhile, standard Twin MerCruiser 4.5 L V-6 250-hp Bravo® III sterndrives with Mercury® SmartCraft Digital Throttle & Shift (DTS) deliver remarkable speed and agility.
• 290 Sundeck Outboard: This sleek and spacious deck boat offers numerous options and delivers an upscale sport boating experience. Loads of usable space, an impressive 17-passenger capacity, and clever seating solutions, including optional twin aft-facing loungers, are among the highlights of this beautifully crafted model. The standard wet bar, enclosed head compartment with sink and vanity, and optional refrigerator and grill make the 290 Sundeck Outboard a natural for entertaining and well suited for long days on the water.