Thrilling New Models Debut in Fort Lauderdale
Sea Ray unveils cutting-edge boats that span the lineup, with advances in design, propulsion & technology.
The Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show draws visitors from around the world, and Sea Ray took this prime opportunity to launch a series of thrilling new models on a global stage. With breakthroughs spanning the lineup, from versatile new sport boat propulsion options, to exciting new flybridge and coupe cruiser models, to an elegant new L-Class yacht, Sea Ray had something to please a wide variety of boaters.
“We’ve set the stage for a phenomenal model year 2017,” said Sea Ray President Tim Schiek, calling the debuting Sea Ray models “truly innovative boats that address customer needs and preferences in exciting new ways.”
The following boats made their public debut at the Fort Lauderdale show, which ran from November 3 to 7, 2016:
• Fly 460: This gorgeous new flybridge model advances Sea Ray performance and entertaining capabilities. The Fly 460‘s expansive flybridge, sure to be a social hub, is available with a stylish arch or a hardtop that can be fully enclosed. Rich finishes and premium amenities combine with an open, light-filled floorplan and gracious living quarters, while an optional transom gourmet station with grill and unique self-deploying hydraulic swim platform further enhance water interaction. Sea Ray’s commitment to impeccable craftsmanship is apparent in the Fly 460’s superior ride and handling, and an available joystick control system provides for effortless docking with shaft or Zeus systems.
• Sundancer 460: Visitors to the Fort Lauderdale show had the opportunity to see the Sundancer 460 and Fly 460 on display together for the first time. These brilliant entertaining platforms serve the needs of a diverse range of boaters, offering a new level of style and performance. From the full-beam master stateroom with abundant storage, to the expansive sunroof illuminating the salon, to the social cockpit with power actuated aft seat and optional sunshades for superior protection, the Sundancer 460 delivers on Sea Ray’s promise of better boating.
• L550 Fly: Joining the acclaimed L-Class comes the new L550 Fly. Like its larger L-Class siblings, the L550 Fly is a seamless marriage of style and substance, blending a sophisticated, modern aesthetic with the latest advances in design and propulsion. The interior boasts a beautiful sunlit salon and three luxurious staterooms. A well-appointed flybridge is geared toward entertaining, and both the upper and lower helm stations feature state-of-the-art Raymarine® electronics. Twin 850-horsepower Caterpillar® inboards are available with joystick control for effortless docking, and an available Seakeeper® gyroscopic stabilizer adds comfort to what is already a resoundingly impressive ride.
“We’re thrilled to introduce the L550 Fly,” said Scott Ward, senior vice president and general manager, Sea Ray Sport Yachts and Yachts. “With its luxurious modern styling, exquisite lines, superior performance and effortless livability, the new L550 Fly is a fitting addition to the L-Class line-up and an enticing new option for yacht customers.”
• Sundancer 350 Coupe: Key attributes of this exciting new variation on the iconic Sundancer series include a full-pane forward windshield; a full walk-around to the bow and its comfortable new foredeck seating; a spacious and social cockpit; and an interior that is distinctly inviting. The Sundancer 350 Coupe’s beautiful profile will make it a standout at any marina, while an expansive sunroof and opening side windows allow open flow of light and air. Below deck, two staterooms and a new enclosed shower lend extra comfort on long days and overnights.
• SLX 350 Outboard (OB): As Sea Ray’s first model with triple outboard propulsion, the SLX 350 OB is a fitting complement to Sea Ray’s popular SLX 350. The boat features an array of Next Wave™ innovations — from the noise-quashing powers of Quiet Ride™ with Tuned Transom® to the precision and stability of Dynamic Running Surface™ to the agility of Axius® joystick technology — all in a sleek, head-turning package, with a forward-facing tower that delivers both good looks and ample shade from the sun.
“Sea Ray is proud to offer boaters more freedom — freedom to select the layout, the power configuration and the features that best suit their boating environment and lifestyle,” said Brad Anderson, senior vice president and general manager, Sea Ray Sport Boats and Sport Cruisers. “The SLX 350 Outboard delivers all the premium benefits of the beloved SLX 350, along with cutting-edge Mercury® Verado outboard power.”
• SLX 310 Outboard (OB): Sea Ray features another outboard option this year with the debut and World Premiere of the SLX 310 OB. Much like its sister model, the SLX 310, this new sport boat reflects Sea Ray’s dedication to orchestrated excellence: the perfect balance of performance, convenience, technology and ease.
“Sea Ray continues to push the envelope for performance, design and capability,” Schiek said. “The model year 2017 lineup demonstrates our commitment to innovations that our customers will thoroughly enjoy.”