Sunbrella® "Uncharted Waters" Documentary Offers an Insider View of Elite Athletes
What makes elite athletes tick? What is it like to live your dream every day in hopes of a star performance on the world stage? These are a few of the themes that ‘Uncharted Waters,’ a documentary following athletes on the US Sailing Team Sperry, will explore in the final year of their journey toward a spot on the team that will compete against the world’s best this summer.
Made possible by Sunbrella®, the leading supplier of performance fabric to the marine industry, ‘Uncharted Waters’ shows what it takes to be a top-ranked sailor. The journey gives an inside look at training camps, gym workouts, rare home-cooked dinners and sailing competitions around the world as these sailors prepare for team selection events in 2016. Only one American competitor from each boat class will earn a chance to compete against the best sailors in the world. Watch each incredible triumph, devastating setback and agonizing sacrifice in the relentless pursuit of the athletic dream.
US Sailing Team Sperry athletes included in ‘Uncharted Waters’ are:
- The Outsider: Caleb Paine, San Diego, Finn Men’s Heavyweight Dinghy
- Woman Power: Sarah Everhart-Skeels, Tiverton, R.I., and Cindy Walker, Plymouth, Mass., SKUD-18 Paralympic Class
- The Head and the Heart: Paris Henken, Coronado, Calif., and Helena Scutt, Kirkland, Wash., 49er FX
- Team No Filter: Annie Haeger, East Troy, Wisc., and Briana Provancha, San Diego, Women’s 470 Two-Person Dinghy
- Last Chance: Ricky Doerr, Clifton, N.J., Brad Kendell, Tampa, Fla., and Hugh Freund, South Freeport, Maine, Sonar Paralympic Class
- Unfinished Business: Paige Railey, Clearwater, Fla., Laser Radial One-Person Dinghy
Visitors can watch athlete profile videos and use an interactive map of competitions, training and travel leading up to the races. The full-length documentary will launch on the site on July 4, 2016. See it here!